For starters, we do know that the Samsung 55-inch OLED TV will boast of a contrast ratio of 150,000:1 and a 124% color gamut on NTSC standards, sporting a brightness level of 150cd/m2 alongside an all-white signal, not to mention having a peak brightness of 600cd/m2. It also comes with a response speed that is 0.001 second or faster, while the entire OLED TV measures just 1.6mm thick (or should we say thin?), tipping the scales at a featherweight 3.5kg. Dang, this means the entire TV might weigh less than some of the heavy duty desktop replacement notebooks out there!
Love your smartphone but miss the feel of a real keyboard? Now you can have both, thanks to a new tactile touchscreen that morphs to create physical buttons.
Developed by Californian firm Tactus Technology, the new screen contains a tiny layer of fluid that deforms it to produce buttons of a given height, size and firmness. They act just like a regular keyboard, but disappear back into the screen when no longer needed.
- See the Technology Behind a Mesmerizing, Faster 3-D Printing Process
- Gene therapy works in cystic fibrosis for the first time
- How memories are REALLY made: Scientists see neurons change
- Aliens do exist and they look like HUMANS, claims Cambridge biologist
- Want tall, smart children? Find an exotic stranger
- Antibody wipeout found to relieve chronic fatigue syndrome
- Wait, some stem cells use nanotubes to communicate with other cells? Seriously?
- Physicists launch fight to make data more important than theory
- Hi-tech contacts that do LOTS more than help you see
- WW2 bomb shelters beneath London become world’s first underground farm
- Why a dose of country air is good for you
- See what happens when you ask Siri to divide zero by zero
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- Health – Brain
- IT Hardware