For starters, we do know that the Samsung 55-inch OLED TV will boast of a contrast ratio of 150,000:1 and a 124% color gamut on NTSC standards, sporting a brightness level of 150cd/m2 alongside an all-white signal, not to mention having a peak brightness of 600cd/m2. It also comes with a response speed that is 0.001 second or faster, while the entire OLED TV measures just 1.6mm thick (or should we say thin?), tipping the scales at a featherweight 3.5kg. Dang, this means the entire TV might weigh less than some of the heavy duty desktop replacement notebooks out there!
Love your smartphone but miss the feel of a real keyboard? Now you can have both, thanks to a new tactile touchscreen that morphs to create physical buttons.
Developed by Californian firm Tactus Technology, the new screen contains a tiny layer of fluid that deforms it to produce buttons of a given height, size and firmness. They act just like a regular keyboard, but disappear back into the screen when no longer needed.
- Non-surgical electrical/drug stimulation helps patients with paralysis to voluntarily move their legs
- 67P is ‘rich’ in organic material: Philae data confirms comets can help seed life, and hints at the probe’s final resting place
- Canon Has A New Camera That Sees Better In The Dark Than You Do
- Obama Wants To See The US Build An Exascale Supercomputer
- Google Research Blog Post Shows How WordLens Live Translation Instantly Replaces Text In Live Video
- Scientists successfully edit human immune-system T cells
- The Death Star weapon is here! Japan fires world’s most powerful laser to produce energy equal to 1,000 times the planet’s power consumption
- What makes us cheat? HORMONES: People with high levels of certain chemicals ‘are more likely to behave badly’
- Introducing Amazon Dash Button: Place it. Press it. Get it
- Life on Earth began with ‘hiccups’ rather than a bang
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- Health – Brain
- IT Hardware