Giant towers, tall as football fields, have become a prerequisite to maximizing wind-turbine power production.
But Altaeros Energies, a Massachusetts company with its roots at MIT, is putting down the pipe and sending turbines aloft using a helium-filled, inflatable shell that looks like a Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade float. And it also looks like it might work.
I recently saw a story on the web touting a vaccine that can kill cancer. ImMucin which is produced by Vaxil BioTherapeutics works by priming host immune cells to recognize the MUC1 receptor present on cancer cells in 90% of cancer types. I found the following video to be very informative and to present a clear explanation of how ImMucin works.
A nanoparticle drug delivery vehicle for small interfering RNA molecules (siRNA), that is already being tested in human clinical trials, now shows promise for the treatment of head and neck cancer. Dong Shin, of Emory University, and Mark E. Davis, of the Nanosystems Biology Cancer Center at the California Institute of Technology, led this study.
The CMB is relic radiation that fills the entire Universe and is regarded as the most conclusive evidence for the Big Bang. Although this microwave background is mostly smooth, the Cobe satellite in 1992 discovered small fluctuations that were believed to be the seeds from which the galaxy clusters we see in today’s Universe grew.
Dr Adrienne Erickcek, from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), and colleagues believe these fluctuations contain hints that our Universe “bubbled off” from a previous one. Their data came from Nasa’s Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP), which has been studying the CMB since its launch in 2001.
Their model suggests that new universes could be created spontaneously from apparently empty space. From inside the parent universe, the event would be surprisingly unspectacular.
Describing the team’s work, California Institute of Technology professor Sean Carroll explained that “a universe could form inside this room and we’d never know”.
- Major drug company to market implantable microchips that deliver drugs inside the body
- Play the online game that claims to help you shed 0.7kg in ONE WEEK
- Brain scans reveal anxious parents are more likely to have nervous and depressed children
- Study finds dramatic differences in the way we age
- Elon Musk spends $10 million on new projects to control AI
- GoPro reveals new $400 mini camera it claims can record HD video anywhere – and even capture audio underwater
- CityLab shows how electric cars can be WORSE for the environment than gas-guzzling vehicles
- Tetris blocks traumatic flashbacks even after the memory is fixed
- Modified mosquitoes begin blitz on dengue in Brazilian city
- LG’s New Displays Will Make Laptops Slimmer And Lighter
- Samsung cranks SSDs to 2TB with the 850 Pro and EVO
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- Health – Brain
- IT Hardware