New method ‘confirms dark energy’
First results from a major astronomical survey using a cutting-edge technique appear to have confirmed the existence of mysterious dark energy.
Dark energy makes up some 74% of the Universe and its existence would explain why the Universe appears to be expanding at an accelerating rate.
The finding was based on studies of more than 200,000 galaxies.
Scientists used two separate kinds of observation to provide an independent check on previous dark energy results.
No comments yet.
- Hi-tech contacts that do LOTS more than help you see
- WW2 bomb shelters beneath London become world’s first underground farm
- Why a dose of country air is good for you
- See what happens when you ask Siri to divide zero by zero
- Mystery of the celestial sprites solved? Slow motion video reveals how gravity waves may be causing ‘alien’ light shows in Earth’s atmospher
- Aston Martin reveals $2.3m hi-tech ‘Vulcan’ hypercar
- High-speed lasers create images that respond to strokes without burning the skin
- ‘Microswimmer’ robots to drill through blocked arteries within four years
- Pulsed electric field technology may rejuvenate skin function and appearance
- Acer XR341CK Curved Gaming Display Changes The Way You Play
- Google Translate Will Now Understand Informal Speec
- It’s official: Getting married really DOES cause you to put on weight
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- Health – Brain
- IT Hardware