New method ‘confirms dark energy’
First results from a major astronomical survey using a cutting-edge technique appear to have confirmed the existence of mysterious dark energy.
Dark energy makes up some 74% of the Universe and its existence would explain why the Universe appears to be expanding at an accelerating rate.
The finding was based on studies of more than 200,000 galaxies.
Scientists used two separate kinds of observation to provide an independent check on previous dark energy results.
No comments yet.
- Almost 3,000 atoms entangled with a single photon
- Why food is rarely the simple pleasure it once was
- Quantum experiment shows the measurement of a photon affects its location
- Photosynthesis hack needed to feed the world by 2050
- Could SACCHARIN help beat Cancer? Researchers say it could inhibit cell growth
- Black holes cause BLASTS in the cores of galaxies
- 100 times more likely to get ill after from unpasteurised dairy, claims study
- Meet Jibo, a Social Robot for the Home
- The Magic at NVIDIA’s GTC is in ECS
- Why carbon-nanotube fibers make ideal implantable brain electrodes
- Facebook reveals its internet providing drones will be as large as a 737
- Fancy Becoming a Superhuman? Get Night Vision Injected In Your Eyeballs
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- Health – Brain
- IT Hardware