Biomega NYC, LDN Urban Commuters
“Recently, Biomega worked with Puma not only on various bikes but to launch a website. Now Biomega has announced they will release two new urban commuters, the NYC and LDN.
Biomega brought in two artist to design the respective bikes. Ross Lovegrove designed the LDN, and Danish design group KiBiSi took on the NYC model. One thing both bikes will have in common is a belt drive, and integrated mudguard.
The Biomega LDN frame is made of carbon fiber sheets, that are layered for a stiff and light one piece monocoque commuter frame. The form is similar to a wishbone, while all parts of the drive (systems and steering). The split towards the forks was added for two reasons: to lighten the bike, and to hang from a wall.
Biomega NYC takes a page out of the CPH book, but the difference is the NYC uses a smooth carbon fiber belt drive. Although a classic silhouette, the NYC utilizes a integrated front mudguard within the aluminum down tube.”
No comments yet.
- The Case Against Robot Weapons Is Not So Simple
- Rangeomorphs considered to be first animal to have sex
- Gtech’s ebike disguises battery as a water bottle and hides the motor
- How Insect Vision Is Leading to More Sensitive Drones
- Grandmother with AMD can see again thanks to new ‘Hubble telescope’ eye lens
- New supercapacitor design offers record high-energy storage
- Kids who are popular at school become losers as adults
- Microsoft’s Chinese ‘girlfriend app’ has become huge hit: Xiaoice listens, asks how you’re feeling and even makes jokes
- Ebola vaccine success: Race is now on to protect those at risk
- Is being a perfectionist RUINING your career? Striving for excellence leads to burnout, study warns
- Angry Birds 2 – Official Gameplay Trailer
- Non-surgical electrical/drug stimulation helps patients with paralysis to voluntarily move their legs
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- Health – Brain
- IT Hardware