Biomega NYC, LDN Urban Commuters
“Recently, Biomega worked with Puma not only on various bikes but to launch a website. Now Biomega has announced they will release two new urban commuters, the NYC and LDN.
Biomega brought in two artist to design the respective bikes. Ross Lovegrove designed the LDN, and Danish design group KiBiSi took on the NYC model. One thing both bikes will have in common is a belt drive, and integrated mudguard.
The Biomega LDN frame is made of carbon fiber sheets, that are layered for a stiff and light one piece monocoque commuter frame. The form is similar to a wishbone, while all parts of the drive (systems and steering). The split towards the forks was added for two reasons: to lighten the bike, and to hang from a wall.
Biomega NYC takes a page out of the CPH book, but the difference is the NYC uses a smooth carbon fiber belt drive. Although a classic silhouette, the NYC utilizes a integrated front mudguard within the aluminum down tube.”
No comments yet.
- Photosynthesis hack needed to feed the world by 2050
- Could SACCHARIN help beat Cancer? Researchers say it could inhibit cell growth
- Black holes cause BLASTS in the cores of galaxies
- 100 times more likely to get ill after from unpasteurised dairy, claims study
- Meet Jibo, a Social Robot for the Home
- The Magic at NVIDIA’s GTC is in ECS
- Why carbon-nanotube fibers make ideal implantable brain electrodes
- Facebook reveals its internet providing drones will be as large as a 737
- Fancy Becoming a Superhuman? Get Night Vision Injected In Your Eyeballs
- Simple as a sea slug: Maps of mollusc neurons suggest brains are not as complex as first thought – including our own
- Should we thank god for civilisation?
- Galaxy smash-ups show dark matter wants to be alone
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- Health – Brain
- IT Hardware