Biomega NYC, LDN Urban Commuters
“Recently, Biomega worked with Puma not only on various bikes but to launch a website. Now Biomega has announced they will release two new urban commuters, the NYC and LDN.
Biomega brought in two artist to design the respective bikes. Ross Lovegrove designed the LDN, and Danish design group KiBiSi took on the NYC model. One thing both bikes will have in common is a belt drive, and integrated mudguard.
The Biomega LDN frame is made of carbon fiber sheets, that are layered for a stiff and light one piece monocoque commuter frame. The form is similar to a wishbone, while all parts of the drive (systems and steering). The split towards the forks was added for two reasons: to lighten the bike, and to hang from a wall.
Biomega NYC takes a page out of the CPH book, but the difference is the NYC uses a smooth carbon fiber belt drive. Although a classic silhouette, the NYC utilizes a integrated front mudguard within the aluminum down tube.”
No comments yet.
- How memories are REALLY made: Scientists see neurons change
- Aliens do exist and they look like HUMANS, claims Cambridge biologist
- Want tall, smart children? Find an exotic stranger
- Antibody wipeout found to relieve chronic fatigue syndrome
- Wait, some stem cells use nanotubes to communicate with other cells? Seriously?
- Physicists launch fight to make data more important than theory
- Hi-tech contacts that do LOTS more than help you see
- WW2 bomb shelters beneath London become world’s first underground farm
- Why a dose of country air is good for you
- See what happens when you ask Siri to divide zero by zero
- Mystery of the celestial sprites solved? Slow motion video reveals how gravity waves may be causing ‘alien’ light shows in Earth’s atmospher
- Aston Martin reveals $2.3m hi-tech ‘Vulcan’ hypercar
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- Health – Brain
- IT Hardware