Intel’s new fab
Until now Moore’s law could be satisfied by using same old materials for making the transistor : silicon.
Well now things changed: transistors are becoming metallic.
The gates will be made from a metal named Hafnium ( a High-K dielectric).
This will allow reduction of power with 80% or increase in speed of up to 40%.
The new 45 nm chips will be available this year.
No comments yet.
- Why carbon-nanotube fibers make ideal implantable brain electrodes
- Facebook reveals its internet providing drones will be as large as a 737
- Fancy Becoming a Superhuman? Get Night Vision Injected In Your Eyeballs
- Simple as a sea slug: Maps of mollusc neurons suggest brains are not as complex as first thought – including our own
- Should we thank god for civilisation?
- Galaxy smash-ups show dark matter wants to be alone
- 3D-printed bionic ants team up to get the job done
- Alzheimer’s progress slowed by plaque-busting drug
- Is Raw Cacao or Dark Chocolate Really Healthy?
- Toshiba’s 3D flash spreads 16GB over 48 layers
- Have we finally found DARK MATTER?
- Elon Musk claims artificial intelligence will treat humans like ‘labradors’
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- Health – Brain
- IT Hardware