Intel’s new fab
Until now Moore’s law could be satisfied by using same old materials for making the transistor : silicon.
Well now things changed: transistors are becoming metallic.
The gates will be made from a metal named Hafnium ( a High-K dielectric).
This will allow reduction of power with 80% or increase in speed of up to 40%.
The new 45 nm chips will be available this year.
No comments yet.
- Halo: Spartan Strike Announce
- Star Wars: Battlefront Trailer Is Out And It Is Amazing
- BB-8 droid from The Force Awakens rolls out on stage at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim
- Steering the epigenome to turn specific genes on
- How to get the entire immune system to attack cancer
- You should probably watch the new Star Wars trailer
- Could 50 galaxies be hiding advanced alien life? Infrared emissions suggest beings are using stars for energy, study claims
- Wind energy blows US emissions onto right track for 2025 target
- They’ve cracked it! Scans reveal what that popping sound is when someone clicks their knuckles
- Why 60 is the new middle age: Our longer, healthier lives means we aren’t classed as elderly until at least 70
- The battery powered rocket powerful enough to blast satellites into orbit
- You should be working out for more than an HOUR a day, claim scientists
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- Health – Brain
- IT Hardware