Intel’s new fab
Until now Moore’s law could be satisfied by using same old materials for making the transistor : silicon.
Well now things changed: transistors are becoming metallic.
The gates will be made from a metal named Hafnium ( a High-K dielectric).
This will allow reduction of power with 80% or increase in speed of up to 40%.
The new 45 nm chips will be available this year.
No comments yet.
- Putting Elon Musk and Steve Jobs on a Pedestal Misrepresents How Innovation Happens
- Brain training app that could help schizophrenia sufferers live a normal life
- The Case Against Robot Weapons Is Not So Simple
- Rangeomorphs considered to be first animal to have sex
- Gtech’s ebike disguises battery as a water bottle and hides the motor
- How Insect Vision Is Leading to More Sensitive Drones
- Grandmother with AMD can see again thanks to new ‘Hubble telescope’ eye lens
- New supercapacitor design offers record high-energy storage
- Kids who are popular at school become losers as adults
- Microsoft’s Chinese ‘girlfriend app’ has become huge hit: Xiaoice listens, asks how you’re feeling and even makes jokes
- Ebola vaccine success: Race is now on to protect those at risk
- Is being a perfectionist RUINING your career? Striving for excellence leads to burnout, study warns
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- Health – Brain
- IT Hardware