For starters, we do know that the Samsung 55-inch OLED TV will boast of a contrast ratio of 150,000:1 and a 124% color gamut on NTSC standards, sporting a brightness level of 150cd/m2 alongside an all-white signal, not to mention having a peak brightness of 600cd/m2. It also comes with a response speed that is 0.001 second or faster, while the entire OLED TV measures just 1.6mm thick (or should we say thin?), tipping the scales at a featherweight 3.5kg. Dang, this means the entire TV might weigh less than some of the heavy duty desktop replacement notebooks out there!
Love your smartphone but miss the feel of a real keyboard? Now you can have both, thanks to a new tactile touchscreen that morphs to create physical buttons.
Developed by Californian firm Tactus Technology, the new screen contains a tiny layer of fluid that deforms it to produce buttons of a given height, size and firmness. They act just like a regular keyboard, but disappear back into the screen when no longer needed.
- DNA-testing for crime scene investigations will soon identify criminals in a matter of HOURS
- Solar Cells Cool Themselves To Increase Efficiency
- Making a great “mobile first” app, the right way
- Lenovo’s beast of a smartphone, the K920, to be announced August 5th, full specs now available
- ‘Epigenetic’ gene tweaks seem to trigger cancer
- Workout while you work: The $199 elliptical trainer designed to fit under your desk
- Atlast (literally)! Nasa to build the world’s most powerful telescope – and it could be our key to finding alien life
- Newegg takes pre-orders for Samsung’s first 3D Pro SSD
- A fly-inspired miniature microphone
- Only a TENTH of human DNA does something important – and the rest is just ‘junk’
- Primordial soup that spawned life 4 billion years ago is STILL in our cells, scientists claim
- Experts Say Autonomous Cars Are Unlikely to Master Urban Driving Anytime Soon
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware