For starters, we do know that the Samsung 55-inch OLED TV will boast of a contrast ratio of 150,000:1 and a 124% color gamut on NTSC standards, sporting a brightness level of 150cd/m2 alongside an all-white signal, not to mention having a peak brightness of 600cd/m2. It also comes with a response speed that is 0.001 second or faster, while the entire OLED TV measures just 1.6mm thick (or should we say thin?), tipping the scales at a featherweight 3.5kg. Dang, this means the entire TV might weigh less than some of the heavy duty desktop replacement notebooks out there!
Love your smartphone but miss the feel of a real keyboard? Now you can have both, thanks to a new tactile touchscreen that morphs to create physical buttons.
Developed by Californian firm Tactus Technology, the new screen contains a tiny layer of fluid that deforms it to produce buttons of a given height, size and firmness. They act just like a regular keyboard, but disappear back into the screen when no longer needed.
- Chances of first life improved by weighted dice
- Will the first men on Mars wear ‘skinsuits’? Radical new design for spacesuits shrinks itself to become a second skin
- HUMAN HAMSTER WHEEL claims to make you more productive at work
- Peter Thiel Says Computers Haven’t Made Our Lives Significantly Better
- Brain ‘node’ that controls deep sleep discovered
- After Long Delays, Radical Nanopore Sequencer Finally in Labs
- Sony KD-65X9005 review
- We can regenerate! Researchers reveal our ribs regrow if damaged – and say the same could be true for our entire skeleton
- Mice given human brain gene learned tasks faster
- Boeing reveals HEL MD laser weapon that can target drones through fog and wind
- Scientists find exactly how our body clock works – and say discovery could mean the end of jetlag and even help fight cancer
- Strati 3D Printed Electric Car
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware