For starters, we do know that the Samsung 55-inch OLED TV will boast of a contrast ratio of 150,000:1 and a 124% color gamut on NTSC standards, sporting a brightness level of 150cd/m2 alongside an all-white signal, not to mention having a peak brightness of 600cd/m2. It also comes with a response speed that is 0.001 second or faster, while the entire OLED TV measures just 1.6mm thick (or should we say thin?), tipping the scales at a featherweight 3.5kg. Dang, this means the entire TV might weigh less than some of the heavy duty desktop replacement notebooks out there!
Love your smartphone but miss the feel of a real keyboard? Now you can have both, thanks to a new tactile touchscreen that morphs to create physical buttons.
Developed by Californian firm Tactus Technology, the new screen contains a tiny layer of fluid that deforms it to produce buttons of a given height, size and firmness. They act just like a regular keyboard, but disappear back into the screen when no longer needed.
- Beer can make you SMARTER – but only if you drink 3,500 pints a day
- Swastika and rings among symbols etched into Khazakhstan landscape
- Facebook’s internet-providing drones could be in use by 2018
- Is this our earliest ancestor? Bizarre round 600-million-year-old fossils may be the remains of the world’s oldest creatures
- New breast cancer drug cocktail shows ‘unprecedented’ boost to patient’s lifespan
- Samsung Launches SD590C 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor |
- Ultra-low-energy-consuming transistors and circuits
- David Lanz / Kristin Amarie – All is Calm
- Jupiter Ascending – New Trailer
- Cosmic inflation is dead, long live cosmic inflation!
- Ultra-fast ‘phase-change materials’ could lead to 1,000-times-faster computers
- AMD Radeon R9 390X Arrives In 1H 2015 With Liquid Cooling
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware