For starters, we do know that the Samsung 55-inch OLED TV will boast of a contrast ratio of 150,000:1 and a 124% color gamut on NTSC standards, sporting a brightness level of 150cd/m2 alongside an all-white signal, not to mention having a peak brightness of 600cd/m2. It also comes with a response speed that is 0.001 second or faster, while the entire OLED TV measures just 1.6mm thick (or should we say thin?), tipping the scales at a featherweight 3.5kg. Dang, this means the entire TV might weigh less than some of the heavy duty desktop replacement notebooks out there!
Love your smartphone but miss the feel of a real keyboard? Now you can have both, thanks to a new tactile touchscreen that morphs to create physical buttons.
Developed by Californian firm Tactus Technology, the new screen contains a tiny layer of fluid that deforms it to produce buttons of a given height, size and firmness. They act just like a regular keyboard, but disappear back into the screen when no longer needed.
- Electric currents applied to the brain can boost memory and treat strokes and Alzheimers
- How your SKIN is smarter than you think: Researchers find neurons can carry out advanced calculations to tell the brain exactly how we are being touched
- Samsung May Unveil ‘Quantum Dots’ TV At IFA
- The sports car that runs on SALTWATER: Vehicle goes from 0 to 60mph in 2.8 seconds – and has just been approved for EU roads
- Intel NUC 2.0 range includes two ‘Immersive Gaming’ models
- New Novartis Drug Effective in Treating Heart Failure
- What causes autism? Scientists discover people with the condition have too many brain ‘connections’
- Google’s fact-checking bots build vast knowledge bank
- Young blood to be used in ultimate rejuvenation trial
- Official Destiny – Launch Gameplay Trailer
- Could LIZARDS be the key to regrowing human limbs?
- Samsung PN51F8500 51-Inch Plasma TV Verdict
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware