NVIDIA Reveals GK110 GPU
Built on the 28nm process technology from TSMC, GK110 is an absolutely MASSIVE chip built on 7.1 billion transistors and though NVIDIA hasn’t given us a die size, it is likely coming close the reticle limit of 550 square millimeters. NVIDIA is proud to call this chip the most ‘architecturally complex’ microprocessor ever built and while impressive, it means there is potential for some issues when it comes to producing a chip of this size. This GPU will be able to offer more than 1 TFlop of double precision computing power with greater than 80% efficiency and 3x the performance per watt of Fermi designs.
No comments yet.
- What causes autism? Scientists discover people with the condition have too many brain ‘connections’
- Google’s fact-checking bots build vast knowledge bank
- Young blood to be used in ultimate rejuvenation trial
- Official Destiny – Launch Gameplay Trailer
- Could LIZARDS be the key to regrowing human limbs?
- Samsung PN51F8500 51-Inch Plasma TV Verdict
- Netgear R8000 Nighthawk X6 AC 3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router Review
- Adaptive Material Inspired By Octopus Skin
- Neuromorphic ‘atomic-switch’ networks function like synapses in the brain
- Earth is in overdraft just EIGHT months into the year: We’ve now exhausted our natural budget for land, trees and food, warn campaigners
- Scientists bypass spinal column non-invasively to trigger walking
- Sharp’s one-bezel Aquos Crystal smartphone is headed to the US
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware