NVIDIA Reveals GK110 GPU
Built on the 28nm process technology from TSMC, GK110 is an absolutely MASSIVE chip built on 7.1 billion transistors and though NVIDIA hasn’t given us a die size, it is likely coming close the reticle limit of 550 square millimeters. NVIDIA is proud to call this chip the most ‘architecturally complex’ microprocessor ever built and while impressive, it means there is potential for some issues when it comes to producing a chip of this size. This GPU will be able to offer more than 1 TFlop of double precision computing power with greater than 80% efficiency and 3x the performance per watt of Fermi designs.
No comments yet.
- Quantenna promises 10Gb/s Wi-Fi in 2015
- Was the Gospel of St Luke ‘written’ by MARY, Jesus’ mother?
- An iPad Mini Case with Shape Shifting Buttons Will Make Typing on a Touch Screen Much Faster
- Astronomers discover first planet that could support ALIEN LIFE
- Cows wear BACKPACKS to capture methane emissions
- Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- Samsung’s 28” display serves up single-tile 4K at 60Hz for $800
- Notebook / Laptop MSI GT60 2OD 3K IPS Edition, Procesor Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz Haswell, 16GB, 750GB + 3x 128 SSD RAID, GeForce GT 780M 4GB, Black – 9.745,73 RON
- Televizor LED LG Smart TV 65UB950V Seria UB950V 165cm argintiu 4K 3D – 15.998,98 RON
- Stem cells debacle: Obokata admits enhancing images
- Was life on Earth kickstarted by electricity on the sea floor?
- Virtuix Omni – Borderlands 2
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware