NVIDIA Reveals GK110 GPU
Built on the 28nm process technology from TSMC, GK110 is an absolutely MASSIVE chip built on 7.1 billion transistors and though NVIDIA hasn’t given us a die size, it is likely coming close the reticle limit of 550 square millimeters. NVIDIA is proud to call this chip the most ‘architecturally complex’ microprocessor ever built and while impressive, it means there is potential for some issues when it comes to producing a chip of this size. This GPU will be able to offer more than 1 TFlop of double precision computing power with greater than 80% efficiency and 3x the performance per watt of Fermi designs.
No comments yet.
- First HTC Nexus 9 hands-on video hits the web
- Paralysed fireman Darek Fidyka recovers thanks to UK research
- What Role Does Technology Play in Record Levels of Income Inequality?
- Lockheed Martin fusion reactor breakthrough announced
- Diet fast or diet slow, the same weight piles back on
- ‘Holy grail’ of lighting invented using LEDs that consume 85% less energy
- Not so dark after all! Dark matter particles may FINALLY have been found – and they are coming from the core of the SUN
- Could coconuts be the key to cleaner CARS? Fruit could store hydrogen to power next-generation vehicles
- Lighting cities with cheap, glaring LEDs is a dim move
- Stem cells improve vision enough for horse riding
- First patient treated for Google Glass addiction
- Zero-emission fusion reactor promises ‘cheaper than coal’ energy
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware