NVIDIA Reveals GK110 GPU
Built on the 28nm process technology from TSMC, GK110 is an absolutely MASSIVE chip built on 7.1 billion transistors and though NVIDIA hasn’t given us a die size, it is likely coming close the reticle limit of 550 square millimeters. NVIDIA is proud to call this chip the most ‘architecturally complex’ microprocessor ever built and while impressive, it means there is potential for some issues when it comes to producing a chip of this size. This GPU will be able to offer more than 1 TFlop of double precision computing power with greater than 80% efficiency and 3x the performance per watt of Fermi designs.
No comments yet.
- 10 Breakthrough Technologies 2014
- Blue skies on tap, whenever you need them
- Wireless charger system can recharge EVERY phone in your office from 5 metres away
- DNA ‘edited’ to cure liver disease and could be used for Down’s Syndrome
- Rise of the robots: Humans will compete with droids for jobs by 2040, study claims
- A neuromorphic-computing ‘roadmap’
- Creating spontaneous ‘cell’ division in artificial cell models
- Wolfenstein: The New Order 30 Minute Gameplay Footage Released
- Next Thunderbolt chip to double bandwidth, add device charging
- Quantenna promises 10Gb/s Wi-Fi in 2015
- Was the Gospel of St Luke ‘written’ by MARY, Jesus’ mother?
- An iPad Mini Case with Shape Shifting Buttons Will Make Typing on a Touch Screen Much Faster
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware