Is Celebrity Favorite Kombucha Really a Health and Anti-Aging Cure?
It costs just a few bucks per bottle in your local supermarket and is claimed to reverse the aging process and cure everything from baldness to cancer. For pennies, it can even be brewed at home, if you don’t mind a little slime.
So who wouldn’t join Madonna, Halle Berry, Lindsay Lohan, and Gwyneth Paltrow on the kombucha bandwagon, especially now that new scientific studies appear to support all those claims? A sparkling golden fermented beverage that packs a massive antioxidant punch and looks and tastes like a cross between Champagne and vinegar, kombucha is now a $150-million-a-year industry that’s growing exponentially, despite worries about possible side effects and health risks.
Comprising acetic acid, malic acid, butyric acid, oxalic acid, lactic acid, and a teensy bit of alcohol, kombucha has been a standard refresher, alleged hangover cure, and all-around home remedy in Asia and Eastern Europe for millennia. Its origins and etymology are veiled in mystery: cha is Chinese for “tea,” but debates rage over those first two syllables. Some say kombucha was brought to Russia by Manchurian traders. Others trace it to southern China, Korea, and Japan. Some go so far as to call it ancient.
No comments yet.
- Grow a new brain: First steps to lab-made grey matter
- Afghanistan soldier given bionic arm he can control with his brain
- Human brains are hard-wired to enjoy the calm of the countryside – while cities make us confused, anxious and aggressiv
- ‘Rainbow Gravity’ theory suggests our universe has NO beginning and stretches out infinitely
- Hardwell feat. Matthew Koma – Dare You
- Freshwater polyp described as ‘effectively immortal’ by scientist
- Vuzix M2000AR First Smartglasses To Use Waveguide Optical Technology
- Leap Motion Gesture Control Could Debut On Smartphones And Tablets Late Next Year
- Relapse of ‘cured’ men shows HIV is far from beaten
- The pen that lets doctors DRAW new bone tissues
- Houseplants ‘make workers 40% more productive and creative’
- Definitive Technology ProCinema 600 Speaker System
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware