Armen Mulkidjanian at the University of Osnabrück in Germany says there is a fundamental problem with the ocean floor hypothesis: salt. The cytoplasm found inside all cells contains much more potassium than sodium. Mulkidjanian thinks that chemistry reflects the chemistry of the water life first appeared in, yet salty seawater is sodium-rich and potassium-poor.
“The ancient sea contained the wrong balance of sodium and potassium for the origin of cells,” says Mulkidjanian. Now, after extensive field studies, he claims to have found the one place on Earth where that balance is right: in the thermal springs of Kamchatka in far-east Siberia. Mulkidjanian found that puddles condensing from the hydrothermal vapour at Siberia’s Mutnovsky thermal springs are potassium-rich, just like cell cytoplasm
To solve a mystery, sometimes a great detective need only study the clues in front of him. Like Agatha Christie’s Hercule Poirot and Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes, Tomomi Kiyomitsu used his keen powers of observation to solve a puzzle that had mystified researchers for years: in a cell undergoing mitotic cell division, what internal signals cause its chromosomes to align on a center axis?
Va prezentam nu un magnet, nu un adeziv si nici o banda velcro, ci suportul Grippy Pad. Printr-o minune a tehnologiei sau a modului de fabricatie (habar n-avem nici noi cum), acest suport va apuca orice, de la iPad pana la GPS sau o bricheta, monede etc.. Si nu va da drumul. Magie sau iubire intre obiecte? Nu vom sti niciodata. Cert este ca Grippy Pad este foarte puternic, functioneaza chiar si total cu capu`n jos! Pe piata sunt unele gadgeturi de acest gen, dar nu am vazut unul atat de puternic ca cel din fata!
“Samsung a prezentat, astăzi, în premieră europeană noua serie de televizoare Smart TV, cu LED şi Plasmă, care sunt echipate cu Smart Interaction, o platformă intuitivă bazată pe comenzile vocale, gestuale şi recunoaştere a feţei.”
- Lenovo’s beast of a smartphone, the K920, to be announced August 5th, full specs now available
- ‘Epigenetic’ gene tweaks seem to trigger cancer
- Workout while you work: The $199 elliptical trainer designed to fit under your desk
- Atlast (literally)! Nasa to build the world’s most powerful telescope – and it could be our key to finding alien life
- Newegg takes pre-orders for Samsung’s first 3D Pro SSD
- A fly-inspired miniature microphone
- Only a TENTH of human DNA does something important – and the rest is just ‘junk’
- Primordial soup that spawned life 4 billion years ago is STILL in our cells, scientists claim
- Experts Say Autonomous Cars Are Unlikely to Master Urban Driving Anytime Soon
- How to prevent diseases of aging
- New Asus 802.11ac router can top 1.7Gbps
- Worm neuron hack to probe the mysteries of our brains
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware