New method ‘confirms dark energy’
First results from a major astronomical survey using a cutting-edge technique appear to have confirmed the existence of mysterious dark energy.
Dark energy makes up some 74% of the Universe and its existence would explain why the Universe appears to be expanding at an accelerating rate.
The finding was based on studies of more than 200,000 galaxies.
Scientists used two separate kinds of observation to provide an independent check on previous dark energy results.
No comments yet.
- Bending the light with a tiny chip
- The space ‘super vegetables’ that could boost your health and improve your vision
- Genghis Khan rose to power thanks to a period of wet and warm WEATHER
- Sony, Panasonic cooking up 1TB optical discs
- MSI GS60 Ghost Pro Gaming Laptop Unveiled At CeBIT
- Lumus Wants To Bring Military-Grade Technology To Smart Glasses
- David Cameron unveils 5G internet deal with Germany at CeBIT 2014
- Rumble Fish – The virulent song
- Cassadee Pope – Wasting All These Tears
- Binge vs. Buzz: The Release Model of House of Cards vs. True Detective
- The breathtaking LIVE satellite footage of Earth so accurate you can watch cars in the street and planes taking off
- Button Press Delivers Instant Orgasm
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware