New method ‘confirms dark energy’
First results from a major astronomical survey using a cutting-edge technique appear to have confirmed the existence of mysterious dark energy.
Dark energy makes up some 74% of the Universe and its existence would explain why the Universe appears to be expanding at an accelerating rate.
The finding was based on studies of more than 200,000 galaxies.
Scientists used two separate kinds of observation to provide an independent check on previous dark energy results.
No comments yet.
- Sorry chaps, your brains aren’t made for multi-tasking: But women are hard-wired to juggle jobs
- New app Be-Bound lets users access the internet anywhere in the world for FREE
- RF Safe-Stop disables a vehicle’s engine remotely using radio beams
- Eurocom Panther 5D – Notebook Review
- A Prosthetic Hand That Sends Feelings to Its Wearer
- Hubble traces subtle signals of water on hazy worlds
- Spike Away Vest Keeps You Safe From Cramped Commutes
- E Ink Introduces Fina E-Reader
- Motorola to start 3D-printing ‘modular’ mobiles that customers can put together like Lego
- Humans evolved after a female chimpanzee mated with a pig
- Goldfrapp – Annabel
- Red Meat Is Nature’s Multi-Vitamin, Says Study
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware