New method ‘confirms dark energy’
First results from a major astronomical survey using a cutting-edge technique appear to have confirmed the existence of mysterious dark energy.
Dark energy makes up some 74% of the Universe and its existence would explain why the Universe appears to be expanding at an accelerating rate.
The finding was based on studies of more than 200,000 galaxies.
Scientists used two separate kinds of observation to provide an independent check on previous dark energy results.
No comments yet.
- Watch Schrödinger’s cat die (or live): Physicists capture the quantum particles’ bizarre wanderings for the first time
- Samsung’s curved TV goes on sale and goes from flat to concave at the flick of a switc
- Driverless ‘robo-cars’ guided by radar and lasers on UK roads next year despite fears over safety
- Myriad 2, Movidius’ Next-Gen Vision Processor
- Researchers unveil phones, tablets and computers that can automatically correct for poor vision
- DNA-testing for crime scene investigations will soon identify criminals in a matter of HOURS
- Solar Cells Cool Themselves To Increase Efficiency
- Making a great “mobile first” app, the right way
- Lenovo’s beast of a smartphone, the K920, to be announced August 5th, full specs now available
- ‘Epigenetic’ gene tweaks seem to trigger cancer
- Workout while you work: The $199 elliptical trainer designed to fit under your desk
- Atlast (literally)! Nasa to build the world’s most powerful telescope – and it could be our key to finding alien life
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware