New method ‘confirms dark energy’
First results from a major astronomical survey using a cutting-edge technique appear to have confirmed the existence of mysterious dark energy.
Dark energy makes up some 74% of the Universe and its existence would explain why the Universe appears to be expanding at an accelerating rate.
The finding was based on studies of more than 200,000 galaxies.
Scientists used two separate kinds of observation to provide an independent check on previous dark energy results.
No comments yet.
- Sony Xperia Z3X Specifications Rumored
- Everyday drugs could give extra years of life
- Massive electrode array system will do first large-scale network recording of brain activity
- MIT researchers design ‘perfect’ solar absorber
- First Ebola case diagnosed in US confirmed by CDC
- Is the cure for acne lurking in our ARMPITS? Sweat-eating bacteria could help clear complexions
- Beer can make you SMARTER – but only if you drink 3,500 pints a day
- Swastika and rings among symbols etched into Khazakhstan landscape
- Facebook’s internet-providing drones could be in use by 2018
- Is this our earliest ancestor? Bizarre round 600-million-year-old fossils may be the remains of the world’s oldest creatures
- New breast cancer drug cocktail shows ‘unprecedented’ boost to patient’s lifespan
- Samsung Launches SD590C 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor |
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware