New method ‘confirms dark energy’
First results from a major astronomical survey using a cutting-edge technique appear to have confirmed the existence of mysterious dark energy.
Dark energy makes up some 74% of the Universe and its existence would explain why the Universe appears to be expanding at an accelerating rate.
The finding was based on studies of more than 200,000 galaxies.
Scientists used two separate kinds of observation to provide an independent check on previous dark energy results.
No comments yet.
- Lockheed Martin fusion reactor breakthrough announced
- Diet fast or diet slow, the same weight piles back on
- ‘Holy grail’ of lighting invented using LEDs that consume 85% less energy
- Not so dark after all! Dark matter particles may FINALLY have been found – and they are coming from the core of the SUN
- Could coconuts be the key to cleaner CARS? Fruit could store hydrogen to power next-generation vehicles
- Lighting cities with cheap, glaring LEDs is a dim move
- Stem cells improve vision enough for horse riding
- First patient treated for Google Glass addiction
- Zero-emission fusion reactor promises ‘cheaper than coal’ energy
- Exercise may be the best anti-ageing pill
- Samsung develops 60GHz WiFi FIVE times faster than existing systems
- Could symptoms of autism be improved by eating broccoli?
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware