New method ‘confirms dark energy’
First results from a major astronomical survey using a cutting-edge technique appear to have confirmed the existence of mysterious dark energy.
Dark energy makes up some 74% of the Universe and its existence would explain why the Universe appears to be expanding at an accelerating rate.
The finding was based on studies of more than 200,000 galaxies.
Scientists used two separate kinds of observation to provide an independent check on previous dark energy results.
No comments yet.
- Chances of first life improved by weighted dice
- Will the first men on Mars wear ‘skinsuits’? Radical new design for spacesuits shrinks itself to become a second skin
- HUMAN HAMSTER WHEEL claims to make you more productive at work
- Peter Thiel Says Computers Haven’t Made Our Lives Significantly Better
- Brain ‘node’ that controls deep sleep discovered
- After Long Delays, Radical Nanopore Sequencer Finally in Labs
- Sony KD-65X9005 review
- We can regenerate! Researchers reveal our ribs regrow if damaged – and say the same could be true for our entire skeleton
- Mice given human brain gene learned tasks faster
- Boeing reveals HEL MD laser weapon that can target drones through fog and wind
- Scientists find exactly how our body clock works – and say discovery could mean the end of jetlag and even help fight cancer
- Strati 3D Printed Electric Car
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware