New method ‘confirms dark energy’
First results from a major astronomical survey using a cutting-edge technique appear to have confirmed the existence of mysterious dark energy.
Dark energy makes up some 74% of the Universe and its existence would explain why the Universe appears to be expanding at an accelerating rate.
The finding was based on studies of more than 200,000 galaxies.
Scientists used two separate kinds of observation to provide an independent check on previous dark energy results.
No comments yet.
- Nissan develops the world’s first SELF-CLEANING car
- Brain sends signals to make us ‘freeze’ when faced with danger, scientists discover
- President Obama Plays Soccer With Japanese Robot Asimo
- Less myelin found in neocortex: the future of the brain?
- Atherosclerosis experiment stops buildup of cholestereol inside blood vessels
- Blood of world’s oldest woman hints at limits of life
- Deaf people get gene tweak to restore natural hearing
- 10 Breakthrough Technologies 2014
- Blue skies on tap, whenever you need them
- Wireless charger system can recharge EVERY phone in your office from 5 metres away
- DNA ‘edited’ to cure liver disease and could be used for Down’s Syndrome
- Rise of the robots: Humans will compete with droids for jobs by 2040, study claims
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware