New method ‘confirms dark energy’
First results from a major astronomical survey using a cutting-edge technique appear to have confirmed the existence of mysterious dark energy.
Dark energy makes up some 74% of the Universe and its existence would explain why the Universe appears to be expanding at an accelerating rate.
The finding was based on studies of more than 200,000 galaxies.
Scientists used two separate kinds of observation to provide an independent check on previous dark energy results.
No comments yet.
- Could LIZARDS be the key to regrowing human limbs?
- Samsung PN51F8500 51-Inch Plasma TV Verdict
- Netgear R8000 Nighthawk X6 AC 3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router Review
- Adaptive Material Inspired By Octopus Skin
- Neuromorphic ‘atomic-switch’ networks function like synapses in the brain
- Earth is in overdraft just EIGHT months into the year: We’ve now exhausted our natural budget for land, trees and food, warn campaigners
- Scientists bypass spinal column non-invasively to trigger walking
- Sharp’s one-bezel Aquos Crystal smartphone is headed to the US
- Google purchases Jetpac, creators of image recognition app
- Official Destiny Gameplay Trailer: The Moon
- Star Citizen – Murray Cup Trailer
- Hints of epigenetic role in Alzheimer’s disease
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware