Biomega NYC, LDN Urban Commuters
“Recently, Biomega worked with Puma not only on various bikes but to launch a website. Now Biomega has announced they will release two new urban commuters, the NYC and LDN.
Biomega brought in two artist to design the respective bikes. Ross Lovegrove designed the LDN, and Danish design group KiBiSi took on the NYC model. One thing both bikes will have in common is a belt drive, and integrated mudguard.
The Biomega LDN frame is made of carbon fiber sheets, that are layered for a stiff and light one piece monocoque commuter frame. The form is similar to a wishbone, while all parts of the drive (systems and steering). The split towards the forks was added for two reasons: to lighten the bike, and to hang from a wall.
Biomega NYC takes a page out of the CPH book, but the difference is the NYC uses a smooth carbon fiber belt drive. Although a classic silhouette, the NYC utilizes a integrated front mudguard within the aluminum down tube.”
No comments yet.
- Researchers unveil phones, tablets and computers that can automatically correct for poor vision
- DNA-testing for crime scene investigations will soon identify criminals in a matter of HOURS
- Solar Cells Cool Themselves To Increase Efficiency
- Making a great “mobile first” app, the right way
- Lenovo’s beast of a smartphone, the K920, to be announced August 5th, full specs now available
- ‘Epigenetic’ gene tweaks seem to trigger cancer
- Workout while you work: The $199 elliptical trainer designed to fit under your desk
- Atlast (literally)! Nasa to build the world’s most powerful telescope – and it could be our key to finding alien life
- Newegg takes pre-orders for Samsung’s first 3D Pro SSD
- A fly-inspired miniature microphone
- Only a TENTH of human DNA does something important – and the rest is just ‘junk’
- Primordial soup that spawned life 4 billion years ago is STILL in our cells, scientists claim
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware