Biomega NYC, LDN Urban Commuters
“Recently, Biomega worked with Puma not only on various bikes but to launch a website. Now Biomega has announced they will release two new urban commuters, the NYC and LDN.
Biomega brought in two artist to design the respective bikes. Ross Lovegrove designed the LDN, and Danish design group KiBiSi took on the NYC model. One thing both bikes will have in common is a belt drive, and integrated mudguard.
The Biomega LDN frame is made of carbon fiber sheets, that are layered for a stiff and light one piece monocoque commuter frame. The form is similar to a wishbone, while all parts of the drive (systems and steering). The split towards the forks was added for two reasons: to lighten the bike, and to hang from a wall.
Biomega NYC takes a page out of the CPH book, but the difference is the NYC uses a smooth carbon fiber belt drive. Although a classic silhouette, the NYC utilizes a integrated front mudguard within the aluminum down tube.”
No comments yet.
- Intel NUC 2.0 range includes two ‘Immersive Gaming’ models
- New Novartis Drug Effective in Treating Heart Failure
- What causes autism? Scientists discover people with the condition have too many brain ‘connections’
- Google’s fact-checking bots build vast knowledge bank
- Young blood to be used in ultimate rejuvenation trial
- Official Destiny – Launch Gameplay Trailer
- Could LIZARDS be the key to regrowing human limbs?
- Samsung PN51F8500 51-Inch Plasma TV Verdict
- Netgear R8000 Nighthawk X6 AC 3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router Review
- Adaptive Material Inspired By Octopus Skin
- Neuromorphic ‘atomic-switch’ networks function like synapses in the brain
- Earth is in overdraft just EIGHT months into the year: We’ve now exhausted our natural budget for land, trees and food, warn campaigners
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware