Biomega NYC, LDN Urban Commuters
“Recently, Biomega worked with Puma not only on various bikes but to launch a website. Now Biomega has announced they will release two new urban commuters, the NYC and LDN.
Biomega brought in two artist to design the respective bikes. Ross Lovegrove designed the LDN, and Danish design group KiBiSi took on the NYC model. One thing both bikes will have in common is a belt drive, and integrated mudguard.
The Biomega LDN frame is made of carbon fiber sheets, that are layered for a stiff and light one piece monocoque commuter frame. The form is similar to a wishbone, while all parts of the drive (systems and steering). The split towards the forks was added for two reasons: to lighten the bike, and to hang from a wall.
Biomega NYC takes a page out of the CPH book, but the difference is the NYC uses a smooth carbon fiber belt drive. Although a classic silhouette, the NYC utilizes a integrated front mudguard within the aluminum down tube.”
No comments yet.
Leave a Reply
- B vitamins may slow the advance of Alzheimer’s
- Stem-cell treatment restores sight to blind man
- Australis – Barren Lands
- Melina Aslanidou – The past remembered (Video Clip)
- A shocking discovery: Zapping the brain with electricity during maths lessons can boost numerical skills by a THIRD
- E-Ink Introduces 13.3” Flexible Electronic Paper Display
- Cloning fears as scientists create human embryos from SKIN in stem cell ‘milestone’
- Sony Digital Paper Makes A Push For Flexible Displays
- Hints of lightweight dark matter get even stronger
- Young blood reverses heart decline in old mice
- The British engineer who really HAS reinvented the wheel: Loopwheels system abandons spokes for springs
- D-Wave’s Quantum Computer Goes to the Races, Wins
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware