Biomega NYC, LDN Urban Commuters
“Recently, Biomega worked with Puma not only on various bikes but to launch a website. Now Biomega has announced they will release two new urban commuters, the NYC and LDN.
Biomega brought in two artist to design the respective bikes. Ross Lovegrove designed the LDN, and Danish design group KiBiSi took on the NYC model. One thing both bikes will have in common is a belt drive, and integrated mudguard.
The Biomega LDN frame is made of carbon fiber sheets, that are layered for a stiff and light one piece monocoque commuter frame. The form is similar to a wishbone, while all parts of the drive (systems and steering). The split towards the forks was added for two reasons: to lighten the bike, and to hang from a wall.
Biomega NYC takes a page out of the CPH book, but the difference is the NYC uses a smooth carbon fiber belt drive. Although a classic silhouette, the NYC utilizes a integrated front mudguard within the aluminum down tube.”
No comments yet.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in US confirmed by CDC
- Is the cure for acne lurking in our ARMPITS? Sweat-eating bacteria could help clear complexions
- Beer can make you SMARTER – but only if you drink 3,500 pints a day
- Swastika and rings among symbols etched into Khazakhstan landscape
- Facebook’s internet-providing drones could be in use by 2018
- Is this our earliest ancestor? Bizarre round 600-million-year-old fossils may be the remains of the world’s oldest creatures
- New breast cancer drug cocktail shows ‘unprecedented’ boost to patient’s lifespan
- Samsung Launches SD590C 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor |
- Ultra-low-energy-consuming transistors and circuits
- David Lanz / Kristin Amarie – All is Calm
- Jupiter Ascending – New Trailer
- Cosmic inflation is dead, long live cosmic inflation!
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware