Intel’s new fab
Until now Moore’s law could be satisfied by using same old materials for making the transistor : silicon.
Well now things changed: transistors are becoming metallic.
The gates will be made from a metal named Hafnium ( a High-K dielectric).
This will allow reduction of power with 80% or increase in speed of up to 40%.
The new 45 nm chips will be available this year.
No comments yet.
- The breathtaking LIVE satellite footage of Earth so accurate you can watch cars in the street and planes taking off
- Button Press Delivers Instant Orgasm
- Soaring drug deaths turn focus on anti-overdose drug
- Boy Hears For First Time Thanks To Brain Implant
- The futuristic car inspired by TURTLES: Super-strong 3D printed design could take to the road in 10 years
- Dyson Launches Second-Gen Air Multiplier Bladeless Fans
- China To Deploy Drones To Deal With Pollution
- 3-D Printing Blood Vessels into Artificial Tissues Could Eliminate Need for Donor Organ
- Human Longevity Inc. launched to promote healthy aging using advances in genomics and stem-cell therapies
- How to generate new neurons in brains, spinal cords of living adult mammals
- Mop robot iRobot Braava 380 – 1329 Lei
- World’s first manned RC Helicopter flight
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware