Intel’s new fab
Until now Moore’s law could be satisfied by using same old materials for making the transistor : silicon.
Well now things changed: transistors are becoming metallic.
The gates will be made from a metal named Hafnium ( a High-K dielectric).
This will allow reduction of power with 80% or increase in speed of up to 40%.
The new 45 nm chips will be available this year.
No comments yet.
- Atherosclerosis experiment stops buildup of cholestereol inside blood vessels
- Blood of world’s oldest woman hints at limits of life
- Deaf people get gene tweak to restore natural hearing
- 10 Breakthrough Technologies 2014
- Blue skies on tap, whenever you need them
- Wireless charger system can recharge EVERY phone in your office from 5 metres away
- DNA ‘edited’ to cure liver disease and could be used for Down’s Syndrome
- Rise of the robots: Humans will compete with droids for jobs by 2040, study claims
- A neuromorphic-computing ‘roadmap’
- Creating spontaneous ‘cell’ division in artificial cell models
- Wolfenstein: The New Order 30 Minute Gameplay Footage Released
- Next Thunderbolt chip to double bandwidth, add device charging
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware