Intel’s new fab
Until now Moore’s law could be satisfied by using same old materials for making the transistor : silicon.
Well now things changed: transistors are becoming metallic.
The gates will be made from a metal named Hafnium ( a High-K dielectric).
This will allow reduction of power with 80% or increase in speed of up to 40%.
The new 45 nm chips will be available this year.
No comments yet.
- Lenovo’s beast of a smartphone, the K920, to be announced August 5th, full specs now available
- ‘Epigenetic’ gene tweaks seem to trigger cancer
- Workout while you work: The $199 elliptical trainer designed to fit under your desk
- Atlast (literally)! Nasa to build the world’s most powerful telescope – and it could be our key to finding alien life
- Newegg takes pre-orders for Samsung’s first 3D Pro SSD
- A fly-inspired miniature microphone
- Only a TENTH of human DNA does something important – and the rest is just ‘junk’
- Primordial soup that spawned life 4 billion years ago is STILL in our cells, scientists claim
- Experts Say Autonomous Cars Are Unlikely to Master Urban Driving Anytime Soon
- How to prevent diseases of aging
- New Asus 802.11ac router can top 1.7Gbps
- Worm neuron hack to probe the mysteries of our brains
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware