Intel’s new fab
Until now Moore’s law could be satisfied by using same old materials for making the transistor : silicon.
Well now things changed: transistors are becoming metallic.
The gates will be made from a metal named Hafnium ( a High-K dielectric).
This will allow reduction of power with 80% or increase in speed of up to 40%.
The new 45 nm chips will be available this year.
No comments yet.
Leave a Reply
- Star Wars-style moving holograms are no longer lightyears away after breakthrough in 3D technology
- LG says mass production of flexible displays will begin this year
- Naked mole rats reveal why they are immune to cancer
- Deep learning in the human brain
- Is “Deep Learning” a Revolution in Artificial Intelligence?
- Microsoft Makes Speech Recognition Smarter For Users In U.S
- New type of stem cell helps your fingers regenerate
- Did we eat the Neanderthals? Dramatic new theory claims we may have devoured early man
- New flying dinosaur fossils found in China shed new light on how birds evolved
- New Artificial Heart to Be Tested
- IMFT boss expects 2D flash to scale down to 10 nanometers
- The quadcopter that doubles as an off-road car: Is this the future of transport?
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware