Intel’s new fab
Until now Moore’s law could be satisfied by using same old materials for making the transistor : silicon.
Well now things changed: transistors are becoming metallic.
The gates will be made from a metal named Hafnium ( a High-K dielectric).
This will allow reduction of power with 80% or increase in speed of up to 40%.
The new 45 nm chips will be available this year.
No comments yet.
- CPU startup claims to achieve 3x IPC gains with VISC architecture
- Man Implants NFC Chip Into His Hand
- Interstellar’s black hole special effects may result in important scientific discovery
- Google teams up with Oxford academics to bring human-like robots closer to reality
- This is what brain cell conversations look like
- Magic Leap raises $542m from Google and others for its ‘cinematic reality’ system
- Etchings on seven-faced Shigir Idol could ‘could hold a message to modern man’
- First HTC Nexus 9 hands-on video hits the web
- Paralysed fireman Darek Fidyka recovers thanks to UK research
- What Role Does Technology Play in Record Levels of Income Inequality?
- Lockheed Martin fusion reactor breakthrough announced
- Diet fast or diet slow, the same weight piles back on
- Blogs RO
- Famous Quotes
- Food recipises
- IT Hardware